If Aging is a process, then there should be the mediators of this process. As per medical literature there are 4 key mediators of Aging Process :
- Inflammatory mediators and
A state of inflammation, reduced levels of Testosterone and Growth Hormone, have been linked to accelerated decline of muscle mass and strength in an aging individual.
Although Aging does not simply result from a variety of hormone deficiency states, medical intervention in the processes of Menopause, Andropause, Adrenopause, or Somatopause may prevent or delay many aspects of the aging process.
Hormones modulate almost all the features of youth (being young) :
- Skin health and texture (Thyroid Hormones, Growth Hormone, Estrogen, Androgens,DHEA, Progesterone, Melatonin)
- Hairs (Thyroid Hormones, Growth Hormone , Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone,Melatonin)
- Bone and muscle strength (Growth Hormone, Testosterone, Estrogen, Progesterone, DHEA)
- Mood, Memory and Brain health (Growth Hormone, Thyroid Hormones, Testosterone, Estrogen, Progesterone, DHEA, Melatonin)
- Libido, Orgasm and Sexual health (Testosterone, Estrogen, DHEA, Thyroid Hormones)
- Fertility (Testosterone, Estrogen, Progesterone, Thyroid Hormones, Growth Hormone)
- Metabolism, Lean body mass and Body weight (Insulin, Thyroid hormones, Growth Hormone, Testosterone,DHEA, Progesterone)
- Immunity (Cortisol, DHEA, Thyroid Hormones, Estrogen)
Hormones like Growth hormone, Testosterone, Estrogen, Thyroid, Cortisol, DHEA do play pivotal role in Aging process and their better understanding and expertise in their manipulations is definitely an array of hope in Antiaging Medicine.
The judicious use of natural micronized Hormone Replacement Therapy under supervision may help to retain the youth, and keep an individual young irrespective of the calendar age.
Novel Interventions to Delay Aging Processes
- Restore Hormone levels.
- Stay Sexually active.
- Calorie restriction without malnutrition.
- Physical Activity , Diet , Exercise and Sleep Management.
- Reduce Inflammation.
- Reduce Oxidative damage.
- Stress Reduction.
- Healthy Life Style.
- Behavioral Therapy and De-Addiction.
- Image Makeover.
- Enhance Self Esteem.
- Professional / Financial Independence.
Few recommendations by Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi to remember before going for stem cells based therapies
- Stem cells based therapies have the potential to be a great futuristic medicine.
- The effects of Stem Cells based therapies are yet to be proven.
- Go autologous first.
- Don't pay very hefty amounts for the same.
- Don't expect miracles but stay optimistic.
- Evaluate yourself thoroughly before going ahead with it.
- Don't fall prey to tall claims made by the therapy providers.
- Don't leave your ongoing treatment (medicines etc) without consulting your doctor.
- Everything has a potential to give unwanted effects or to get fail. Please stay prepared for the same.
Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi's view on Diet
- 1. No fixed rules about eating behavior.
- 2. Living long (longevity), Living healthy (wellness), Improved quality of life index (Antiaging) and living comfortably with one or more disability and disease are different entities.
- 3. Every condition mentioned in point no.2 needs different dietary framework.
- 4. Affordability and availability are other issues in practical life.
- 5. Religious and cultural factors affect human eating behavior very much.
Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi advises you not to take the hormone replacement/corrective therapy as over the counter medication. The physiological roles of the hormones should not be considered as the pharmacological measures till there is enough clinical/laboratory evidence of hormones deficiency/Excess.
Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi insists that you should visit your physician if you find any of the symptoms of Hormonal imbalances in you.