Measurement of Obesity
Body Mass Index (BMI) is the most widely method to gauge obesity. It can be calculated as (Weight in Kg)/ (Height in Meter)2.
|Healthy weight||18.5 - 24.9||--||--|
|Overweight||25 - 29.9||--||Increased|
|Obesity||30.0 - 34.9||I||High|
|Obesity||35.0 - 39.9||II||Very High|
|Extreme Obesity||≥ 40
Waist Circumference > 40 inches in men and > 35 inches in women is a risk factor.
Waist/hip ratio > 1.0 in men and > 0.9 in women is also a risk factor.
Assess Your Diabetes Risk Questionnaire
Complicating Factors in Diabetes / Metabolic Syndrome
Diabetes signs and symptoms
Weight Control Questionnaire
Sexual Function Questionnaire
Mood and Memory Questionnaire
Stress Assessment Questionnaire
Evaluate Your Hormones Questionnaire
Few recommendations by Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi to remember before going for stem cells based therapies
- Stem cells based therapies have the potential to be a great futuristic medicine.
- The effects of Stem Cells based therapies are yet to be proven.
- Go autologous first.
- Don't pay very hefty amounts for the same.
- Don't expect miracles but stay optimistic.
- Evaluate yourself thoroughly before going ahead with it.
- Don't fall prey to tall claims made by the therapy providers.
- Don't leave your ongoing treatment (medicines etc) without consulting your doctor.
- Everything has a potential to give unwanted effects or to get fail. Please stay prepared for the same.
Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi's view on Diet
- 1. No fixed rules about eating behavior.
- 2. Living long (longevity), Living healthy (wellness), Improved quality of life index (Antiaging) and living comfortably with one or more disability and disease are different entities.
- 3. Every condition mentioned in point no.2 needs different dietary framework.
- 4. Affordability and availability are other issues in practical life.
- 5. Religious and cultural factors affect human eating behavior very much.
To know more about Non - Invasive Body Contouring please click here