Speaking Tree - Spiritual Blogs - Dr Deepak Chaturvedi's Blogs
- Is Sugar as addictive as Tobacco?
- Are we ignoring prediabetes?
- ANDROPAUSE (THE MALE MENOPAUSE!)
1. Is eating Sweets/Sugar on all occasions is an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
2. Is Sugar consumptions in excess is associated with adverse consequences as Tobacco?
3. Does Sugar give a rush like tobacco?
4. Is Sugar bigger problem than Tobacco?
5. Can Sugar be considered as a new tobacco?
Probably the answer to all the above questions is "YES".
With an estimated 7 crores Indians being Diabetic (Diagnosed), Diabetes is undoubtedly an Epidemic. More importantly and worrisome is the number of "Prediabetics" and that is almost 50 crores in India. Does that mean that there would be new 50 Crores Diabetics in India in coming years? What is the significance of all this? I see this as an alarming sign for everybody. Being an Indian itself is a non-modifiable risk factor for Diabetes. This means that Every Indian is at a risk of developing Diabetes.
"......PAUSE" is no more restricted to women any more. MEN do suffer from "MALE......PAUSE" or "ANDROPAUSE". The only difference is that there is no cut off age for "Andropause" in men like "Menopause" in women....... and there is no objective evidence of "Andropause" in men like the cessation of "Menstruation" in women.
Few recommendations by Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi to remember before going for stem cells based therapies
- Stem cells based therapies have the potential to be a great futuristic medicine.
- The effects of Stem Cells based therapies are yet to be proven.
- Go autologous first.
- Don't pay very hefty amounts for the same.
- Don't expect miracles but stay optimistic.
- Evaluate yourself thoroughly before going ahead with it.
- Don't fall prey to tall claims made by the therapy providers.
- Don't leave your ongoing treatment (medicines etc) without consulting your doctor.
- Everything has a potential to give unwanted effects or to get fail. Please stay prepared for the same.
Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi's view on Diet
- 1. No fixed rules about eating behavior.
- 2. Living long (longevity), Living healthy (wellness), Improved quality of life index (Antiaging) and living comfortably with one or more disability and disease are different entities.
- 3. Every condition mentioned in point no.2 needs different dietary framework.
- 4. Affordability and availability are other issues in practical life.
- 5. Religious and cultural factors affect human eating behavior very much.
Dr.Deepak Anjana Chaturvedi advises you not to take the hormone replacement/corrective therapy as over the counter medication. The physiological roles of the hormones should not be considered as the pharmacological measures till there is enough clinical/laboratory evidence of hormones deficiency/Excess.
Dr.Deepak Anjana Chaturvedi insists that you should visit your physician if you find any of the symptoms of Hormonal imbalances in you.